Flash to Open™ Mini PRO – Instructions for Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Craftsman
*Note: these instructions are for LiftMaster/Chamberlain openers manufactured from 2011-Present. For other models of LiftMaster/Chamberlain openers, please see here.
Step 1: Pairing your Mini PRO to your Garage Door Opener
Caution: the Mini PRO will open and close your door or gate during programming. Ensure the door is clear of ALL obstructions.
- Start with your garage door or gate closed.
- Press and hold the button on the Mini PRO for approximately 15 seconds then release the button.
- Press and release the Program/Learn button on your garage door. A ladder may be necessary to reach the Program/Learn button on the motor, or there may be a program/Learn button on your garage door wall panel. (Use reasonable caution if using a ladder.)
- On the Mini PRO, press and release the button twice; the Mini PRO will begin the pairing operation with the garage door opener. Pairing can take up to 60 seconds.
- When the garage door or gate begins to open, pairing is complete. Immediately press and release the the button on the Mini PRO once to save the pairing and exit programming mode.
Step 2: Test the Mini PRO
Test the pairing by pressing the button on the Mini PRO. If the garage door opener does NOT activate, repeat the programming steps above or email us at email@example.com.
Step 3: Installing the Button on Your Vehicle
- Select a location to drill a hole for mounting the button that can be easily accessed from both sides for installation. The thickness of the material should be 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch.
- Pro Tip: For golf cars, the vertical seat bodywork just below the cushion is ideal.
- Be sure that the area around where you plan to drill is clear of all obstructions and electrical wiring during drilling.
- With a 3/8 inch bit, drill a hole from the outside of where you would like the button to be located.
- Remove any drill shavings with a piece of sandpaper from the backside of the hole.
- Unscrew the rubber cap from the button.
- Insert the button through the hole from the inside.
- Finger-tighten rubber cap onto the button.
Step 4: Secure the Transmitter to the Vehicle
- Select a flat location on the inside near the button to mount the Mini PRO’s transmitter box.
- Clean surface of mounting location with rubbing alcohol, wipe gently to remove any dust or grease, and then let dry.
- Remove one adhesive backing and stick the fastener on the center of the Mini PRO. Press firmly and hold for 30 seconds.
- Remove the second adhesive backing and stick the Mini PRO to the interior surface that you cleaned. Orient the Mini PRO such that the wires are facing downward, if possible. Press the Mini PRO against the surface firmly for 30 seconds.